One of my favorite challenges besides tackling acne is prepping a bride's skin the months leading up to her wedding. Every bride wants to look her absolute best on her wedding day and have beautiful glowing skin. In my opinion, six months out from the wedding is a good amount of time to address any skin concerns and get your skin on track for the big day. Externally, it gives enough time to control and clear acne, reduce redness, refine pores, diminish fine lines and wrinkles. I also firmly believe through my own personal experience and through my clients', that a healthy diet and kicking bad habits can drastically improve your skin and make you glow from the inside out.
5 Tips For Perfect Wedding Skin
- FACIALS/CLINIC TREATMENTS - Make sure to tell your technician about your skin concerns and work together to map out a treatment plan based on your budget and skin goals. The general idea is to address your big ticket skin items as early as possible. Any aggressive treatments should commence ideally at the six month mark before your wedding date. This will allow time for the treatments to work and for your skin to heal and adapt. Leave fine tuning and maintenance for the weeks leading up to your wedding. Laser, micro-needling, and chemical peels are not things you should try out or “treat yourself” to the week leading up to your wedding! Enjoy these miracle treatments well before you walk down the aisle.
- PRODUCTS/REGIMEN - Having a good daily regimen is key to healthy skin. Make sure to use a skin care line that agrees with your skin and coincides with your customized treatment plan. At the very minimum, your products should include a cleanser, exfoliator, skin booster, hydrating serum, moisturizer and SPF of at least 30 for improved skin appearance. Keep these products in stock and don’t hop from product to product as you prepare for your wedding. The idea is to pamper and stabilize your skin and keep it in its comfort zone. Consistency is key here. Also, make sure to have trial sizes of your go to products for your honeymoon so your glowing bridal skin carries straight on through to your honeymoon. And pack extra SPF!
- MINERALS - Leading up to your wedding can be stressful and your health can sometimes suffer. Ingesting minerals super charges your system, restores your depleted reserves, and helps to feed your cells with nutrients that are typically lacking in the average everyday diet. Incorporating a powdered greens superfood in your daily routine will help you glow from the inside out. Two exceptional brands that you can rely on for mineral intake is Green Vibrance by Vibrant health Which offers a variety of benefits including PH/Energy/Detoxification/Stress relief. My personal favorite by Premier Research Labs is the coveted Premier Greens.
- DIET - Taking out the bad in your diet will make a huge impact on your skin as well as your overall health, body appearance, and well being. By letting go of dairy, wheat, soy and refined sugar you will help your body detox, de-bloat, and boost your energy level. Dew hydrate with three liters of water daily to ensure maximum results for step five.
- WORK OUT - Just get your body moving. Sweat. Sweat. Sweat. Stimulating lymphatic drainage to release your body of toxins and junk in your blood stream only makes you happier and glowing. Increasing blood flow to your skin promotes incredible skin health on a level much deeper than any product can penetrate.
Good luck and congratulations!